myUWE Frequently Asked Questions

For guidance on specific areas of myUWE, please consult the menu on the left.


Welcome subtab

I added an announcement a little while ago but it has now disappeared

There is a maximum duration for any announcement of 28 days. Once the valid date has passed, the announcement will be removed. It is not possible to reinstate expired announcements.

If you are looking to post an announcement for a longer period, it may be that Blackboard is a more appropriate medium. Please refer to our Appropriateness of announcements in myUWE guidance.

I can see a Blackboard announcement in myUWE but it doesn't appear in Blackboard

Within Blackboard, announcements which have been created as 'Permanent' by Instructors are displayed above non-permanent announcements, so the announcements you see in Blackboard won't necessarily be displayed in date order.

If you can see recent Blackboard announcements in myUWE which aren't displayed at the top of the announcements page in Blackboard, please scroll down the page as recent non-permanent announcements will appear underneath older permanent announcements.


Why can't I register online?

You may be prevented from registering online for any of the following reasons:

  • Required Data Missing
  • Outstanding Debt
  • Invalid Registration
  • Criminal Record Bureau (CRB) and other admissions checks

For more detailed information about the above and advice on what to do, please see our Reasons you may not be able to register online support page.


Teaching Timetable subtab

My Timetable is not available - what should I do?

Please visit the Timetable Self Help website for further guidance.

The information in my timetable is wrong - what should I do?

If a timetable is displayed but it contains incorrect information, please visit the Timetable Self Help website for further guidance

I am a member of staff, where has coursework collection gone?

January 2015 - Please note that the Online Coursework Submission (OCS) and Coursework Collection functions in myUWE have been decommissioned.


Modules & Marks subtab

Where has the Marks Checker gone?

Unconfirmed marks are now released through the Modules & Marks tab. Please see our Modules & Marks guidance for further information.

Awards & Results subtab

How do I see my final results in myUWE?

Your actual final marks, as confirmed by the appropriate Academic Board, are displayed in the Marks tab under the Awards & Results subtab. Please see our Awards & Results guidance for further information.

I've lost the copy of my results sent to me - can I access them through myUWE?

Your actual final marks, as confirmed by the appropriate Academic Board, are displayed in the Awards & Results subtab.

If you need to receive a paper copy of your final marks, please contact your Student Administration team.


Personal Details subtab

How do I add or change my personal e-mail address?

To add or amend a personal e-mail address, go to the 'My Details' tab and select the 'Personal Details' sub-tab. In the first section, 'About you', enter your personal e-mail address in the 'Personal email' field and click 'Submit'.

I cannot correct an emergency contact number

Emergency contact details cannot be edited in myUWE. Please contact the appropriate Faculty Student Administration Team to amend this information.

My date of birth is incorrect - Where can I change it?

Your date of birth cannot be edited in myUWE. Please contact the appropriate Faculty Student Administration Team to amend this information.

Can I change a mobile telephone number without registering a new address?

Select the My Details tab and scroll to the Other Personal Details section, if you have previously added a mobile number you will see an 'edit your mobile number' option.

Addresses subtab

How do I change my address?

For more information, please see the Using the My Details tab help page.

I've entered an address by mistake, how can I delete it?

The university retains a record of all addresses used that relate to students (whether past or current). This is so that any correspondence sent between the university and student can be checked against these recorded addresses. Therefore it is equally important for the university to retain records of both correctly, and incorrectly, entered addresses.

As a result, myUWE does not allow the student to delete past addresses that may have been wrongly entered.

If you would like to change your 'Current' address, you may do so by adding the correct address in place of the incorrect address (My Details tab > Add new address). This will result in the replaced incorrect address having its status changed to 'Past' and the new address being given the status 'Current'.

Please note that the university will only send correspondence to 'Current' addresses.

The postcode search cannot find my address

The address checker facility used by myUWE is unable to check overseas addresses, or some addresses which include room and flat numbers.

Please contact the appropriate Faculty Student Administration Team if you are having difficulty updating addresses of this type.

If you are trying to enter an address for UWE student accommodation - you do not need to enter this information in myUWE - we will automatically populate this information for your term address when you pick up your keys. You can check in myUWE the day after you pick up your keys that the address has been added correctly. If you can see a UWE accommodation address that is different from the one you expect to see please contact Accommodation Services.

Documents subtab

Why am I unable to produce a Council Tax Certificate?

If you satisfy the appropriate criteria you will be able to produce a copy of the certificate. For details about eligibility, please see our Documents subtab guidance.


None of the e-mail functions and some of the links within Blackboard aren't working - I'm using Firefox

The cause is most likely the pop-up blocker within Firefox.

To change this select the Tools > Options menu, then the Content icon. You can either uncheck the block pop-ups checkbox (allowing pop-ups from all internet sites), or select the Allowed sites button and add the site or just simply the domain to allow pop-ups from all UWE based web sites.


I don't see the Photosets tab at all

The ability to view student photosets in myUWE is available only to members of staff who have been granted access, either by being attached to a teaching activity in SyllabusPlus or by being attached as a viewer in ISIS.

Please see our Photosets guidance page for further details on access.

I don't see all my student groups in the 'Your Groups' list

If you are attached to a teaching activity in SyllabusPlus you should have access to view the photoset for that activity, as long as the activity is associated with a Module Run in ISIS. Please contact Central Examinations, Timetabling and Technical Services via with any queries on SyllabusPlus activities.

If you have been attached to a specific group in ISIS as a Viewer, you will have access to view the photoset for that group. Please contact the team responsible for maintaining attachments in ISIS, the appropriate Faculty Student Administration Team (SAT) team, with any queries about being attached as a Viewer in ISIS:

Some student names are displayed but no photograph

Where no current photograph is held for a student, a place holder image will be displayed.

Who do I contact if there are missing or incorrect students in a group?

If students are incorrect or missing from a SyllabusPlus activity group, please contact Central Examinations, Timetabling and Technical Services tel. 0117 32 82246 or e-mail

If students are incorrect or missing from an ISIS driven group i.e. Primary Award, Module Run etc, please contact the appropriate Faculty Student Administration Team.

Security / Logging in and out

How do I login to myUWE?

Either follow the 'Log in' link at the top of the UWE home page and then select the 'myUWE' option, or type into the address field in your web browser.

In each case you will be taken to the UWE login page:

Screenshot of myLogin page

Here you will need to enter either your UWE email address or UWE username, and password.

It says I have used an incorrect username or password

When attempting to login to myUWE you may see the following error message:

Incorrect username and/or password, please try again. If you continue to see this message please go to the password manager and change your password.

There are a few possible reasons:

  1. You have entered an incorrect password
    If you have forgotten your password and would like a reminder or you want to have your password reset you will need to either:
  2. You are not using the correct username
    You should use your UWE network username and password to access myUWE. If you are unsure what your username is, please contact the appropriate Information Point for your campus for guidance.
  3. Your passwords are not synchronised
    You can synchronise your passwords using the Password Manager (there are additional instructions for students and instructions for staff on how to synchronise your password).

It says I need to enable JavaScript and Cookies

If you do not have JavaScript and/or Cookies enabled in your browser you will see the following message:

Please enable javascript and cookies in your browser. Test your browser.

For full instructions of how to enable JavaScript and Cookies please see our technical test.

Apologies - myUWE has encountered a problem

If there are problems with the myUWE application, you will see this error message:

example error message when myUWE not available

Whilst the issue with myUWE is being looked into, the error message provides direct links to other systems such as Blackboard and UWE email so that you can access them directly.

Why have I been logged out?

You may have been automatically logged out of all the services accessed by myLogin (myUWE, Blackboard) because you have not used any of them for 30 minutes. This is called a 'session timeout' and is common with many web systems. Session timeouts are used to reduce the risk of other users gaining access to a student's personal information if they forget to log out of a portal session on a shared computer, for example, in the Library, a student lab, or an Internet cafe.

Although you may still be able to see myUWE or Blackboard in the window of your browser, you will effectively have had your session ended and been logged out. Sessions are kept active by actions such as selecting tabs, selecting buttons, and sending information.

Please note that if, after being logged out, you wish to continue using myUWE or Blackboard you will need to log back in using the UWE login page.

How do I logout of myUWE?

For security reasons we recommend that you logout when you stop using myUWE. This is especially important on computers that may be used by other people.

Simply select the 'Logout' link in the top-right corner of the screen. This will take you to the UWE Sign Out screen:

Logout screenshot

I've forgotten my password

Students: If you have forgotten your password, please contact the appropriate Information Point for your campus to request a reminder.

Staff: Please refer to the IT Services reset your password information.

Can I change my password?

Yes, you can change your password using the UWE Password Manager.

Why can't I access myUWE?

  • Every person with an active UWE Network Account should have access to myUWE.
  • If you have been issued with a Temporary External User Account you will not be able to access myUWE. Please follow the information and guidance that appears on the login error page.
  • If your UWE Network Account has recently been updated or modified and you are having difficulties accessing myUWE please allow 24 hours and try again.

If you can‘t access myUWE please check your login credentials via If you continue to experience access problems please contact the appropriate Information Point for your campus, or Learning & Research Systems

Technical Information

What computer will I need to access myUWE?

Any computer on which you can access the web should be able to access myUWE.

However, your browser will have to be correctly set up for myUWE to work properly. There is an automatic technical test that will check if you have Javascript and Cookies enabled.

If after this test, you experience difficulties, please contact Learning & Research Systems giving as much information as you can manage on your computer and web browser.

Support and Feedback

Where can I get support?

For specific myUWE help contact Learning & Research Systems or for general IT help contact the ITS Support Centre on University extension 83612 (from outside the University on 0117 32 83612).

How do I contact my Faculty?

Please see the Contact Information pages for details on how to contact the appropriate person to help with your enquiry.

Other Questions

Will my access to myUWE expire once I've graduated?

Your myUWE account is governed by the same rules that govern access to the majority of UWE's IT Systems.

Your student account will remain active for 42 days after you achieve your Award or withdraw from the University.

After a further 28 days, your personal information will be deleted from myUWE (for example, any bookmarks you have added to your home page). The current specification for myUWE does not include access by Alumni.

Back to top