- UWE Bristol Graphic Design students enjoy award success
UWE Bristol's Sophie Balch, Fanny Wacklin-Nilsson and Kathryn Evans-Prosser are the latest Graphic Design students to have their work recognised by London's top industry professionals.
At the world famous St Bride Library, in London, it was Sophie and Fanny's design industry-themed zine, Fond that beat off stiff industry competition to receive the accolade of 'Best in Show'.
- Locative storytelling and interactive library projects win REACT funding
Two lecturers from UWE Bristol will each work with media industry partners on projects that will create exciting new ways of authoring and consuming literature through location based storytelling and transforming a library space into a beautiful interactive experience.
- Creative courses at UWE Bristol given industry stamp of approval
A number of exciting and creative courses at UWE Bristol have recently had confirmed accreditation from Creative Skillset, the industry body which supports skills and training for people and businesses to ensure the UK creative industries maintain their world class position.
- Exciting tie-up for UWE Bristol journalism students
The 'Voice' monthly papers in the Bristol area are launching their third and fourth titles in the New Year – just 15 months after their creation.
The magazines – hyperlocal news publications paid for with adverts – have proved incredibly popular since they were launched by two former Bristol Post executives Richard Coulter and Emma Cooper.
- Project Zulu take on charity swim to bring South African Choir to Bristol in 2013
Saturday 15 December, 09:00, Clevedon beach
Project Zulu, a group of 10 student teachers and two tutors from UWE Bristol will bravely take on the chilly waters of the Bristol Channel for a charity swim to raise funds to bring a South African primary school to Bristol next June.
- Do we really want a British FBI? UWE Bristol researcher thinks we need to learn from history
In an article posted on the History and Policy today website, Dr Michael Woodiwiss, a historian from the University of the West of England, argues that our government needs to observe lessons from history before pushing ahead with a British FBI.
- UWE Bristol academic receives The Birgit Skiöld Trust Memorial Award
UWE Bristol academic Jonathan Ward has been awarded The Birgit Skiöld Trust Memorial Award for his collaborative artists' book 'Home', at this year's London Art Book Fair at the Whitechapel Gallery.
- UWE Bristol Graphic Design students succeed at top typographic awards
UWE Bristol Graphic Design students enjoyed unprecedented success at this year's awards from the prestigious International Society of Typographic Designers (ISTD).
- UWE Bristol Illustration students support Comic Creations at the Festival of Ideas
UWE Bristol Illustration students have been working in partnership with the Bristol Festival of Ideas and Jonathan Cape Publishing to design posters to promote the event 'Comic Creations' at the Arnolfini, Wednesday 14 November from 18:00.
- Window onto the world of MSc Sustainable Development in Practice
A new website will provide a unique window onto to the experiences, activities, ideas and reflections of the students and staff of MSc Sustainable Development in Practice.
- UWE Bristol graduate's thriller chosen for screening at short film festival
Talented UWE Bristol film graduate Matthew Nesbeth has had his film New With Tags selected for the Aesthetica Short Film Festival (ASFF 2012) being held in York from 8-11 November 2012.
- UWE Bristol strengthens industry partnership with Aardman
Pitch Fest and Talent Showcase brings students together with leading creatives
As part of the growing partnership with Aardman Animations, BA and MA Animation students at the Bristol School of Animation, University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) are invited for the first time to take part in Aardman's annual Pitch Fest for Broadcast and Digital.
- Surfing the Avon to bring South African Choir to Bristol in 2013
An Education lecturer from UWE Bristol will paddle a surf board from Bradford on Avon 26 miles to the Arnolfini in Bristol in one day to raise funds for Project Zulu on Saturday 27 October.
- Secret City film on inner workings of City of London comes to Bristol
The film Secret City, which unveils how the City of London works, will be shown at Bristol's Watershed on Saturday 15 December at 13.00pm. To book tickets visit the Watershed website
- 'Alpine chic' design wins top wool prize for UWE fashion graduate
Eleanor Cox is jumping for joy as her prizewinning design for a stylish men's cardigan will be launched in Hackett stores nationwide as part of Wool Week 2012.