- Do we really want a British FBI? UWE Bristol researcher thinks we need to learn from history
In an article posted on the History and Policy today website, Dr Michael Woodiwiss, a historian from the University of the West of England, argues that our government needs to observe lessons from history before pushing ahead with a British FBI.
- UWE Bristol academic receives The Birgit Skiöld Trust Memorial Award
UWE Bristol academic Jonathan Ward has been awarded The Birgit Skiöld Trust Memorial Award for his collaborative artists' book 'Home', at this year's London Art Book Fair at the Whitechapel Gallery.
- UWE Bristol Graphic Design students succeed at top typographic awards
UWE Bristol Graphic Design students enjoyed unprecedented success at this year's awards from the prestigious International Society of Typographic Designers (ISTD).
- UWE Bristol Illustration students support Comic Creations at the Festival of Ideas
UWE Bristol Illustration students have been working in partnership with the Bristol Festival of Ideas and Jonathan Cape Publishing to design posters to promote the event 'Comic Creations' at the Arnolfini, Wednesday 14 November from 18:00.
- Window onto the world of MSc Sustainable Development in Practice
A new website will provide a unique window onto to the experiences, activities, ideas and reflections of the students and staff of MSc Sustainable Development in Practice.
- UWE Bristol graduate's thriller chosen for screening at short film festival
Talented UWE Bristol film graduate Matthew Nesbeth has had his film New With Tags selected for the Aesthetica Short Film Festival (ASFF 2012) being held in York from 8-11 November 2012.
- UWE Bristol strengthens industry partnership with Aardman
Pitch Fest and Talent Showcase brings students together with leading creatives
As part of the growing partnership with Aardman Animations, BA and MA Animation students at the Bristol School of Animation, University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) are invited for the first time to take part in Aardman's annual Pitch Fest for Broadcast and Digital.
- Surfing the Avon to bring South African Choir to Bristol in 2013
An Education lecturer from UWE Bristol will paddle a surf board from Bradford on Avon 26 miles to the Arnolfini in Bristol in one day to raise funds for Project Zulu on Saturday 27 October.
- Secret City film on inner workings of City of London comes to Bristol
The film Secret City, which unveils how the City of London works, will be shown at Bristol's Watershed on Saturday 15 December at 13.00pm. To book tickets visit the Watershed website
- 'Alpine chic' design wins top wool prize for UWE fashion graduate
Eleanor Cox is jumping for joy as her prizewinning design for a stylish men's cardigan will be launched in Hackett stores nationwide as part of Wool Week 2012.
- Affordable editions: UWE's new digital print publishing studio exhibits at London art fair
A 3D rainbow-coloured manta ray, and 'bar-code' colour images recording a timeline of Vogue magazine covers over the last 30 years, are just some of the wide range of digitally printed artworks from UWE Bristol's Centre for Fine Print Research on show at this year's Multiplied contemporary art fair.
- Mapping Bristol's cinematic past and Ghosts in the Garden feature in REACT Heritage Sandbox showcase
Mapping Bristol's cinematic past and Ghosts in the Garden feature in REACT Heritage Sandbox showcase
28 September 2012 Watershed Bristol 13:00
Two of the six REACT Heritage Sandbox projects that will be showcased at the Watershed on 28 September have involved collaborations between industry partners and researchers at UWE Bristol.
- EMMY nomination for UWE Bristol sound expert
UWE Bristol lecturer Martyn Harries has been nominated for an EMMY at the forthcoming annual awards in October for his sound work on the BBC Natural History Unit documentary 'Madagascar'. The nomination is shared with the score composer Sarah Class.
- Visitors wear digital 'capes' to create sound in new installation
Visitors to an interactive sound installation, Tracking You at the Victoria and Albert Museum, Digital Design Weekend, 22-23 September , will be invited to put on capes featuring the latest real-time location systems technology. When they move around the installation sounds will be generated as a result of their location in relation to other visitors. The Digital Design Weekend last year attracted over 7,300 visitors.
- UWE Bristol students help make 'Life Out There'
UWE Bristol Filmmaking students have been working alongside professional film makers VS1 Productions on a half hour drama commissioned by British Sign Language Broadcasting Trust. The drama 'Life Out There' was broadcast on Film4 on Monday 10 September at 08:00.