- Cinematographer Ben Smithard to speak at UWE Bristol London Graduate Show
Guest Lecture: Saturday 21 June from 13:00 – 15:00
Venue: The Bargehouse (4th Floor) South Bank, London SE1 9PH
London Graduate Show: 19 – 22 June 2014,The Bargehouse, South Bank, London SE1 9PH
Talented graduates from UWE Bristol's BA (Hons) Photography, Filmmaking and Creative Media (FCM) and Animation courses will be joined by renowned Cinematographer Ben Smithard BSC at their London Graduate Show as part of celebrations to mark 20 years of graduating students from the FCM course.
- UWE graphic design student wins architecture magazine cover competition
UWE Bristol Masters graduate Efisio Nicolò Sabiucciu has just won a prestigious design competition for the cover of the European architecture magazine Mark. The competition was organised by publishers Frame, from Amsterdam, to celebrate the magazine's fiftieth issue.
- Women pop artists ripe for rediscovery, says UWE art historian
Art historian Dr Sue Tate is taking part in Pop Go the Women: The Other Story of Pop Art - A Culture Show Special to be broadcast on Saturday 10 May, 8.30pm on BBC2.
- It's the green light for Luke Jerram's Park and Slide in Bristol
Internationally renowned artist and UWE Bristol visiting senior research fellow, Luke Jerram is delighted to announce that his latest installation – Park and Slide will go ahead this Sunday 4 May from 11:00-17:00 subject to a final health and safety sign off on the day.
- UWE Bristol animation interns work on Disney film with Arthur Cox
Graduates from the University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) have worked with a team from BAFTA winning animation studio Arthur Cox in Bristol on a new preschool series for Disney Junior.
- UWE Bristol students get animated at the BBC Food and Farming Awards 2014
Talented student animators from UWE Bristol will unveil their animation shorts to an audience of over 500 people at this year's 2014 BBC | Food and Farming Awards (1 May) marking the start of Bristol's ground breaking city-wide food event -Bristol Food Connections (1-11 May)
- UWE Bristol's world-leading ceramic 3D printing to feature on 'Gadget Show'
The Centre for Fine Print Research CFPR, at UWE Bristol, is to feature in an episode of Channel 5's The Gadget Show to be broadcast at 7.00pm on Monday 31 March 2014. The broadcast coincides with the launch of a new commercialisation initiative from CFPR.
- UWE Bristol and local libraries team up to offer wider access
UWE Bristol and South Gloucestershire libraries have teamed up to make it even easier for the public and students to access library services.
- UWE Bristol Illustration students go 'Hot & Cold' at the Tobacco Factory
'Hot & Cold', Tobacco Factory (Main Bar) until 2 March 2014
'Hot & Cold' is an opportunity to take in the talent of UWE Bristol's final year BA (Hons) Illustration students as they showcase their latest work in an exhibition at the Tobacco Factory, Bristol.
- UWE Bristol MA student filmmakers capture all the fun of Chinese New Year
Chinese New Year celebrations were in full swing at Bristol Museum and Art Gallery at the weekend. Now Bristolians can relive the fun by watching a short film of the community events captured by UWE Bristol MA student filmmakers.
- UWE Bristol hosts exhibition of illustrations that record London life in the 21st Century
'Topolski's Chronicle for the Twenty First Century'
UWE Bristol, Bower Ashton Campus 28 to 31 January
See flickr album
Topolski Studio, in partnership with Reportager at UWE Bristol has been running the first reportage drawing residency programme which commenced in September 2013. The scheme trains young people not in education, employment or training for a three-month programme of reportage drawing.
- The Russian Winter: An extraordinary performance at Colston Hall involving UWE staff and students
A group of students from UWE Bristol have been working with the team of dedicated musicians, filmmakers and interaction designers for a performance of The Russian Winter at the Lantern Theatre at the Colston Hall from Thursday 23 to Saturday 25 January.
- Digital Cultures Research Centre director chosen as founding curator of MIT's _docubase
Associate Professor Mandy Rose from UWE Bristol has been selected as the only UK founding curator of MIT Open Documentary Lab's _docubase.
The platform was launched two weeks ago and holds over 140 interactive documentaries from around the world. Each curator has written a statement in relation to the collection and created a playlist highlighting their recommended projects.
- UWE graduate co-directs John Lewis Christmas advert
Two graduates from the University of the West of England were part of the team that created the latest John Lewis Christmas advert, Elliot Dear as Co-Director and Ben Lole as Production Coordinator. Both graduated from UWE Bristol in 2009, Elliott Dear in Animation and Illustration and Ben Lole in Media Practice and Animation.
- UWE's KTP with Dycem design-led safety flooring is one of the best in UK
A link-up between UWE Bristol's Centre for Fine Print Research and contamination control flooring manufacturer Dycem has been chosen as one of the best Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs) by the UK's innovation agency, the Technology Strategy Board.