- UWE Bristol students gear up for world's largest student motorsport competition
Students from UWE Bristol are readying themselves to race in Formula Student, an international motorsport competition taking place at Silverstone from 9-13 July.
UWE Spires Racing, comprised of 70 students from multiple disciplines across the University, will be one of the 114 teams from 38 different countries lining up on the grid at the event run by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers.
- Ctrl Alt Donate - UWE Bristol video gamers celebrate charity event success
UWE Bristol students will present over £700 worth of games to the Bristol Royal Hospital for Children on Friday 4 July 2014, raised through Ctrl Alt Donate – a 25 hour gaming event held at the UWESU Students Union on Frenchay Campus.
- Student Leadership Programme puts on Masterclass in aid of Tanzanian School
Wisdom regained: a Masterclass in leadership from the Masai People
The Clifton Pavillion, Bristol Zoo, 18:00 – 22:00
The students currently enrolled on the UWE Bristol Vice-Chancellor's Student Leadership Programme (VCSL) have organised a unique event for the local businesses and leaders of the South West, in aid of the children of the Morogoro School in Tanzania.
- Cinematographer Ben Smithard to speak at UWE Bristol London Graduate Show
Guest Lecture: Saturday 21 June from 13:00 – 15:00
Venue: The Bargehouse (4th Floor) South Bank, London SE1 9PH
London Graduate Show: 19 – 22 June 2014,The Bargehouse, South Bank, London SE1 9PH
Talented graduates from UWE Bristol's BA (Hons) Photography, Filmmaking and Creative Media (FCM) and Animation courses will be joined by renowned Cinematographer Ben Smithard BSC at their London Graduate Show as part of celebrations to mark 20 years of graduating students from the FCM course.
- euRathlon 2015 sets sea robotics challenge in the wake of Fukushima
The euRathlon 2014 sea robotics competition will challenge teams of students and engineers to perform autonomous missions in the marine environment in scenarios inspired by the 2011 Fukushima accident.
- OmniDynamics launch crowdfunding campaign to support innovative 3D printer accessory
A chance meeting at the UWE Bristol canteen has brought together two sets of entrepreneurial students to launch a crowdfunding campaign, to bring to market an innovative 3D printer accessory.
Strooder, a plastic filament extruder has been designed by year two robotic engineering students, David Graves and Gregory Gruzecki, founders of OmniDynamics. This cost effective, versatile device aims to bring down the cost of home 3D printing, by enabling users to produce their own filament (3D printing ink).
- Eye in the sky: student pilots remote control helicopter with video capabilities
A Gloucester video and motion graphics company has taken on a UWE Bristol student to pilot a new multi-rotor video helicopter.
The Bexcopter is a lightweight six-rotor helicopter, capable of carrying a video camera underneath it's frame, and can be used to capture stunning aerial footage of landscapes and properties.
- UWE alumnus is Airbus Graduate of the Year
A young aerospace engineer who studied at UWE Bristol has been named Graduate of the Year by Airbus at the company's recent Recognition of Learning event.
- UWE Bristol animation interns work on Disney film with Arthur Cox
Graduates from the University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) have worked with a team from BAFTA winning animation studio Arthur Cox in Bristol on a new preschool series for Disney Junior.
- UWE Bristol students get animated at the BBC Food and Farming Awards 2014
Talented student animators from UWE Bristol will unveil their animation shorts to an audience of over 500 people at this year's 2014 BBC | Food and Farming Awards (1 May) marking the start of Bristol's ground breaking city-wide food event -Bristol Food Connections (1-11 May)
- UWE Bristol Finance students wins national award
Mateusz Zielinski, a student on the MSc Finance programme at UWE Bristol, has been awarded £2,500 by the CISI Educational Trust in a competition for outstanding masters' student coursework in a UK-wide competition.
- UWE Bristol student conservationists progress to finals of the Quarry Life Award
A team of student conservationists from UWE Bristol were judged as one of the top five UK entries in reaching the finals of the Quarry Life Award, a prestigious international competition.
- UWE Bristol supporting enterprise with launch of new market on East Street Bristol
UWE Bristol Student Enterprise team have been working with the Bedminster Town Team to rejuvenate East Street in Bedminster with the launch of a new market this Saturday 12 April. The market will run every Saturday for 12 weeks initially from 11:00 until 15:00.
- It's as much a mental challenge as a physical one says UWE Bristol Marathon runner
Kade McConville a first year student at UWE Bristol studying Business and Law will join 37,000 runners on Sunday 13 April 2014 to complete the London Marathon, raising awareness of mental health for the charity Mind.
- UWE Bristol Human Rights student wins prestigious internship with UN Women in New York
Catherine Phillips, an MA Human Rights student from UWE Bristol has secured a prestigious internship in New York with UN Women. Catherine has been busy raising funds to make the trip happen and so far has managed to secure free flights from Virgin Atlantic as well as working at two jobs to earn the money.