- UWE Bristol hosts Xavier Rolet, Chief Executive, London Stock Exchange Group
The Bristol Distinguished Executive Address Series
Date:07 May 2014
Venue: Brunel's Old Station, The Passenger Shed, Bristol Time: 18:00
Xavier Rolet, Chief Executive, London Stock Exchange Group, is the latest speaker to address the business community at the Bristol Distinguished Executive Address Series (BDEAs).
- UWE Bristol Careers launch Undergraduate Internship Scheme for Summer 2014
UWE Bristol's renowned Undergraduate Internship Scheme is now open for business this summer to students and employers.
- UWE Bristol Human Rights student wins prestigious internship with UN Women in New York
Catherine Phillips, an MA Human Rights student from UWE Bristol has secured a prestigious internship in New York with UN Women. Catherine has been busy raising funds to make the trip happen and so far has managed to secure free flights from Virgin Atlantic as well as working at two jobs to earn the money.
- Research conference prepares UWE Bristol Business students for workplace
1 April 2014, 16:00-18:00, UWE ECC
Year One Business students from UWE Bristol will showcase their research to the business community at a student conference, as part of a research module dedicated to developing the skills needed by employers.
- UWE Bristol Law students in top four at International Mediation Competition
A trio of Law students from UWE Bristol were crowned fourth in the world at the International Mediation Competition held by the InterNational Academy of Dispute Resolution (INADR) at Loyola University, Chicago in March 2014.
- UWE Bristol hosts Sir Winfried Bischoff, Chairman of Lloyds Banking Group
Sir Winfried Bischoff, Chairman of Lloyds Banking Group, is the latest speaker to address the business community at the Bristol Distinguished Executive Address Series (BDEAs).
- BBC News at Six broadcasts from Bristol Robotics Lab
The BBC News at Six will be broadcast from the Bristol Robotics Lab (BRL), the largest multi-disciplinary Lab in the UK, tonight, Wednesday 12 March at 18:00.
This BRL feature is the third of a three part series of pre-budget features - fronted by BBC News at Six anchor, George Alagiah and Chief Economics Correspondent Hugh Pym.
- UWE Bristol and local libraries team up to offer wider access
UWE Bristol and South Gloucestershire libraries have teamed up to make it even easier for the public and students to access library services.
- UWE Bristol hosts Sir Richard Broadbent, Tesco PLC Chairman
The Bristol Distinguished Executive Address Series
Date: 27 February 2014
Venue:M Shed, Bristol
Register for this event
Sir Richard Broadbent, Chairman of Tesco PLC, is the latest speaker to address the business community at the Bristol Distinguished Executive Address Series (BDEAs).
- UWE Bristol's Team Entrepreneurs present Uni Wars - Battle of Bristol
The Bunker (Bristol)
Uni Wars – Battle of Bristol is the first event organised by The Student Company, a team of aspiring entrepreneurs on UWE Bristol's innovative BA Business (Team Entrepreneurship) degree.
The event will see students from UWE Bristol and University of Bristol embracing the friendly local rivalry in a series of games and challenges throughout the night.
- University launches £4m fund for South West businesses
Businesses across the South West are set to cash in on a new £4 million funding programme, run by the University of the West of England, Bristol.
Available to both small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and large companies, the Innovation 4 Growth scheme will part fund research and development projects with grants of between £25,000 and £150,000.
- UWE Bristol entrepreneurs invited to speak at Houses of Parliament
Two budding entrepreneurs from UWE Bristol's enterprising BA Business (Team Entrepreneurs) degree were recently invited to parliament to contribute to a report on future leaders and entrepreneurship.
Year One Team Entrepreneur students, Rob Wilson and Tom Bromley, were selected as a result of a successful session that they led on 21st Century leaders at the University to a panel of business leaders and academics.
- Learning by doing; UWE Bristol runs new course for budding entrepreneurs
A new course at UWE Bristol aimed at producing graduates with degrees plus experience of running their own businesses has just welcomed its first cohort of 37 students.
The course structure is ground-breaking – no classrooms, compulsory lectures or exams - and has been introduced to the UK for the first time this year. Called Team Entrepreneurship, the degree course is based on methods pioneered in Finland and also run successfully in Spain and Hungary, and has been described as a revolution in management education.
- UWE Bristol design lecturer uses novel Hummingbird corkscrew design to teach students
A beautiful corkscrew that resembles a hummingbird created by UWE Bristol lecturer, designer and inventor Phil Bommer will take on a starring role in product design lectures at UWE Bristol this year.
- Job dissatisfaction encourages workers to choose temping
The unhappiness of being in a bad job is strongly linked to people's decision to leave permanent work for the uncertain world of temporary employment, says new research.