- UWE Bristol hosts James Timpson OBE, Chief Executive, Timpson
James Timpson OBE, Chief Executive, Timpson is the latest speaker to address the business community at the Bristol Distinguished Address Series (BDAs) with a lecture entitled 'Con to Cobbler'. The event will be hosted by Business West.
- Open Bionics makes top 50 robotics companies to watch in 2015
A south west start-up has been ranked amongst Dyson, Google, and Panasonic as one of the Top 50 robotics companies to watch in 2015.
The international RBR50 list named Open Bionics, a start-up based at the Technology Business Incubator at Bristol Robotics Laboratory, as one of the most noteworthy companies in the global robotics industry for 2015.
- Project that helps students to become 'IP Savvy' shortlisted for national prize
An enterprise that helps students to understand the principle of Intellectual Property (IP) Law, set up by a team of Law students at the University of the West of England (UWE Bristol), has been shortlisted for the StudentshIP Enterprise Awards.
- Transport Minister and Business Secretary launch VENTURER driverless car trial
Transport Minister, Claire Perry and Business Secretary, Vince Cable will launch the VENTURER consortium's driverless car trial today, giving the project the green light to test autonomous vehicles in the real world.
- Samantha Payne of Open Bionics shortlisted for 'Women in Business Awards'
Open Bionics team member, Samantha Payne has been shortlisted for the Women in Business 'Young Entrepreneur of The Year' award.
- Celebrating Talent – UWE Bristol's award ceremony honours emerging graduate talent
Thursday 5 February 2015, 17:45 - 22:00, Marriott Hotel, Lower Castle Street, Bristol
At this prestigious annual event, UWE Bristol will honour the outstanding achievements of talented UWE students who have represented the University through hundreds of work-based learning opportunities including placements, internships and volunteering in local, national and international businesses.
- UWE Bristol hosts Peter Mather, Group Regional Vice President, Europe and Head of Country, UK BP
Part of the Bristol Distinguished Address Series and Bristol European Green Capital events in 2015
Date: 11 February 2015
Venue: 2D67 (Glendinning Lecture Theatre), Frenchay Campus, UWE Bristol
Register for this event
Peter Mather, Group Regional Vice President, Europe and Head of Country, UK BP, is the latest speaker to address the business community at the Bristol Distinguished Address Series (BDAs).
- UWE expert wins funding for research into personalised medicines
Dr Wendy Phillips from the University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) is part of a new link-up between academia and industry to improve the efficiency of healthcare product manufacturing.
The project won £465,000 funding from the Engineering and Physical Services Research Council (EPSRC) to research Re-Distributed Manufacturing (RDM) in Healthcare. The project is being led by Dr Phillips, together with Professor Nick Medcalf from Loughborough University.
- UWE's world-leading research increases by 170%
The volume of world-leading research at UWE Bristol (the University of the West of England, Bristol) has gone up by 170%, according to the results of the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014 out today.
- UWE expert available for commentary on US Government report on CIA use of torture during the War on Terror
Expert in criminal justice, Professor Phil Rumney, is available for commentary on the US Senate report on the CIA's use of torture during the War on Terror.
- New research into value of design sector in Bristol and Bath economy is launched
A new research project will examine the use of design in businesses and public sector organisations in Bristol and Bath, as well as seeking to understand its contribution to the creative economy in the region.
- Leading in Times of Uncertainty and Complexity – launch event for new Bristol Leadership Centre
Leading in Times of Uncertainty and Complexity – launch event for new Bristol Leadership Centre
Thursday 13 November 2014, 17:00 at Leigh Court.
Register for this event. Follow @UWEleadership on Twitter.
Effective and responsible leadership are amongst the most highly valued, yet elusive, processes within contemporary society. Recent crises in public and private sector organisations demonstrate the benefits of good and the perils of poor leadership practice. Whilst there may be agreement about the need for better leadership, however, how this is developed, understood and sustained remains a topic of much debate.
- UWE Bristol hosts Sir Charlie Mayfield, Chairman, John Lewis Partnership
Sir Charlie Mayfield, Chairman, John Lewis Partnership is the latest speaker to address the business community at the Bristol Distinguished Executive Address Series (BDEAs).
His talk will address how technology is changing the workplace.
- Joel Gibbard of Open Bionics named Founder of the Year at SPARKies
Joel Gibbard of Open Bionics, has been named Founder of the Year at The SPARKies award put on by TechSparkUK. The award was announced last night at the SPARKies awards ceremony at Komedia in Bath, as part of Bath Digital Festival.
- Open Bionics founder, Joel Gibbard named Young Design Engineer of the Year
The British Engineering Excellence Awards have honoured Open Bionics founder, Joel Gibbard with the prestigious award of Young Design Engineer of the Year at a recent ceremony in London.