- Bristol Bright Night Brings Science to the City
Friday 26 September will see Bristol's streets come to life as Bristol Bright Night sweeps through the city for the first time with a programme of free activities, giving the public the chance to discover the wealth of scientific research taking place on their doorstep, and meet the researchers responsible.
- UWE Bristol graduate designs rugged tablets for emergency services and mobile workforces
Hywel Vaughan, a Product Design Technology Graduate from UWE Bristol is using his expertise to design a rugged tablet PC and convertible laptops for frontline users in the emergency services, as part of his role at Tetratab, a company that specialises in supplying tough technology to mobile workforces around the world.
- UWE Bristol award Honorary Degree to John Prior
UWE Bristol have awarded the Honorary Degree of Doctor of Education to John Prior in recognition of his contribution to youth enterprise.
- High-quality traffic-free routes encourage more walking and cycling
New study finds overall physical activity is increased by proximity to routes
The provision of new, high-quality, traffic-free cycling and walking routes in local communities has encouraged more people to get about by foot and by bike, according to a new study published today in the American Journal of Public Health.
- UWE Bristol shortlisted for prestigious national business award
UWE Bristol's Research, Business and Innovation department is celebrating its selection as a finalist in the prestigious 2014 National Business Awards. UWE is the only University shortlisted for one of the awards, the winners of which will be announced in November.
- New £50 million building for UWE Bristol Faculty of Business and Law
The Faculty of Business and Law at UWE Bristol (University of the West of England, Bristol) is launching an ambitious plan to fulfil the aspirations of students and the business community through a new state-of-the art building.
- UWE VC welcomes Local Growth Deal announced at BRL today
University of the West of England Vice-Chancellor Professor Steve West has warmly welcomed the announcement of the Local Growth Deal made today by Vince Cable, Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, at the Bristol Robotics Laboratory on the UWE Bristol Frenchay Campus.
- UWE Bristol to lead high-tech Enterprise Zone
Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne, today announced that UWE Bristol has won government funding to set up one of four 'University Enterprise Zones' to be supported by the Department of Business, Innovation and Skills.
- UWE Bristol researcher to feature in Horizons programme as it returns to BBC World News
Mobile phone runs on urine power – check out the video
A researcher from the University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) is to feature in the new series of Horizons on BBC World News this weekend. The new series of Horizons uncovers technology that could change the world.
- UWE Bristol wins Small Business Charter
The University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) is one of 20 Universities awarded the Small Business Charter at Downing Street at a special ceremony yesterday.
- UWE professor leads panel appointed to explore concept of development bank for Wales
An independent panel appointed to explore the feasibility of a development bank for Wales held its inaugural meeting this week chaired by Professor Dylan Jones-Evans of UWE's Bristol Business School.
- Students blossom whilst helping community groups with IT solutions
Budding computer experts from UWE have helped 15 local community, voluntary and social enterprise organisations with websites or IT issues as part of their final year studies.
- OmniDynamics launch crowdfunding campaign to support innovative 3D printer accessory
A chance meeting at the UWE Bristol canteen has brought together two sets of entrepreneurial students to launch a crowdfunding campaign, to bring to market an innovative 3D printer accessory.
Strooder, a plastic filament extruder has been designed by year two robotic engineering students, David Graves and Gregory Gruzecki, founders of OmniDynamics. This cost effective, versatile device aims to bring down the cost of home 3D printing, by enabling users to produce their own filament (3D printing ink).
- UWE Bristol Finance students wins national award
Mateusz Zielinski, a student on the MSc Finance programme at UWE Bristol, has been awarded £2,500 by the CISI Educational Trust in a competition for outstanding masters' student coursework in a UK-wide competition.
- UWE Bristol hosts Xavier Rolet, Chief Executive, London Stock Exchange Group
The Bristol Distinguished Executive Address Series
Date:07 May 2014
Venue: Brunel's Old Station, The Passenger Shed, Bristol Time: 18:00
Xavier Rolet, Chief Executive, London Stock Exchange Group, is the latest speaker to address the business community at the Bristol Distinguished Executive Address Series (BDEAs).