- Joel Gibbard of Open Bionics named Founder of the Year at SPARKies
Joel Gibbard of Open Bionics, has been named Founder of the Year at The SPARKies award put on by TechSparkUK. The award was announced last night at the SPARKies awards ceremony at Komedia in Bath, as part of Bath Digital Festival.
- Open Bionics founder, Joel Gibbard named Young Design Engineer of the Year
The British Engineering Excellence Awards have honoured Open Bionics founder, Joel Gibbard with the prestigious award of Young Design Engineer of the Year at a recent ceremony in London.
- Leadership and the city: how an elected mayor has improved visibility
Having a directly elected mayor in Bristol has led to a huge increase in the visibility of leadership in the city, according to a unique study which has gauged public opinion before and after the creation of the new mayoral system.
- UWE gets planning go-ahead for new Business and Law building
The new state-of-the art building for the Faculty of Business and Law at UWE Bristol is one step closer having just got the go-ahead from South Gloucestershire Council planners. Detailed planning consent was granted on 27 October 2014.
- Professor Jane Harrington appointed Deputy Vice-Chancellor at UWE Bristol
The University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) has appointed Professor Jane Harrington to the role of Deputy Vice-Chancellor.
Professor Harrington has worked at UWE Bristol for many years and has held management roles at all levels within the Faculty of Business and Law.
- UWE Bristol hosts Stephen Varley: Chairman and Managing Partner, EY
The Bristol Distinguished Address Series
Date: Thursday 23 October 2014
Venue: Bristol City Hall
Register for this event
Stephen Varley, UK Chairman and Managing Partner UK&I, EY is the latest speaker to address the business community at the Bristol Distinguished Address Series.
- UWE green intern boosts Bristol hotel's energy-saving credentials
Recent UWE Bristol graduate James Rogers has put local hotel Berwick Lodge on track to an energy-saving future after spending a month there as a green intern.
- Inaugural lecture on the financial crisis and white collar crime
Professor Nicholas Ryder from the University of the West of England will deliver his inaugural Lecture 'The Financial Crisis and White Collar Crime' on Wednesday 8 October 2014 at The Street Café, S Block, Frenchay Campus 18:30- 20:30.
- Marketing research seeks to impact the 'client agency' working relationship
Workshop for clients on getting more out of creative agencies
24 September 2014, 9:00-13:00, Paintworks, Bristol
For more information please visit the Chartered Institute of Marketing
Research conducted by UWE Bristol academics into the relationship between clients and creative agencies has resulted in a series of workshop events designed to examine and improve the fundamentals of the working partnership.
- Out of this world – UWE Bristol Physiotherapy graduate secures internship at the European Space Agency
Rosalind West, a newly qualified BSc(Hons) Physiotherapy graduate from UWE Bristol has recently returned from putting her skills to the test, as part of the Space Medicine Office Team, on a prestigious three month internship at the European Space Agency (ESA) in Cologne, Germany.
- Bristol Bright Night Brings Science to the City
Friday 26 September will see Bristol's streets come to life as Bristol Bright Night sweeps through the city for the first time with a programme of free activities, giving the public the chance to discover the wealth of scientific research taking place on their doorstep, and meet the researchers responsible.
- UWE Bristol graduate designs rugged tablets for emergency services and mobile workforces
Hywel Vaughan, a Product Design Technology Graduate from UWE Bristol is using his expertise to design a rugged tablet PC and convertible laptops for frontline users in the emergency services, as part of his role at Tetratab, a company that specialises in supplying tough technology to mobile workforces around the world.
- UWE Bristol award Honorary Degree to John Prior
UWE Bristol have awarded the Honorary Degree of Doctor of Education to John Prior in recognition of his contribution to youth enterprise.
- High-quality traffic-free routes encourage more walking and cycling
New study finds overall physical activity is increased by proximity to routes
The provision of new, high-quality, traffic-free cycling and walking routes in local communities has encouraged more people to get about by foot and by bike, according to a new study published today in the American Journal of Public Health.
- UWE Bristol shortlisted for prestigious national business award
UWE Bristol's Research, Business and Innovation department is celebrating its selection as a finalist in the prestigious 2014 National Business Awards. UWE is the only University shortlisted for one of the awards, the winners of which will be announced in November.