- London Fashion Week:Fashion Student shortlisted for 2016 FAD Finals
Eleana Burrows, a year two Fashion student from UWE Bristol, will showcase her work at a catwalk final at London Fashion Week (19-23 Feb). She's one of 17 finalists from 16 universities across the UK, competing in a competition organised by the fashion charity, Fashion Awareness Direct (FAD).
- UWE Professor Ron Ritchie awarded OBE for services to education in Bristol
Professor Ron Ritchie has been awarded an OBE in the New Year's honours for his services to education in various roles including chairman of the Cabot Learning Federation academies trust and lately Pro Vice-Chancellor of the University of the West of England (UWE Bristol).
- Numbers capture Green Capital success at UWE Bristol
As Bristol's European Green Capital Year draws to a close, UWE Bristol has been reflecting on a hugely successful calendar of events engaging students, staff and the general public in the barriers and initiatives to achieving a healthy and sustainable city region.
From the University's first ever MOOC to concerts and art exhibitions, beach cleans and a beehive on campus, the figures below capture the buzz at UWE Bristol for Green Capital.
- UWE Bristol awards Honorary Degree to Professor Ron Ritchie
UWE Bristol have awarded the Honorary Degree of Doctor of the University to Professor Ron Ritchie in recognition of his academic contributions to the University.
- Bristol Bright Night is back, a celebration of the City's world-class research
Bristol Bright Night returns to the streets of Bristol on the evening of Friday 25 September 2015 for an unmissable free celebration of the wealth of scientific research taking place on our doorsteps.
- Graduates are key to a global knowledge economy, says Steve West
UWE Bristol Vice-Chancellor, Professor Steve West has dismissed reports in the media that the UK labour market is oversaturated with graduates in non-graduate roles.
- Film, Education and Sports students travel to South Africa to help in township school
Students from the University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) are about to set off for the trip of a lifetime to South Africa, where they will help in township schools in KwaZulu-Natal Province.
- New green initiatives launched as Festival of Nature takes centre stage in Green Capital year
13-14 June 2015, Bristol Harbourside
Two major new green initiatives are being launched at this year's Festival of Nature Wild Weekend to celebrate Bristol's year as European Green Capital.
- Double National Teaching Fellowship Award for UWE Bristol Lecturers
Dr Karen Henderson, Senior Lecturer in Mathematics and Dr Jeanette Sakel, Senior Lecturer in Linguistics from UWE Bristol have each been awarded a prestigious national teaching fellowship in recognition of their outstanding contribution to excellence in teaching and learning.
- UWE Bristol make history at Chepstow Castle
On Wednesday 10 JuneandThursday 11 June 2015 medieval men and women will descend on Chepstow Castle to engage school pupils and the general public in activities, tasks and learning opportunities inspired by life in the castle in the 11th century.
- Trainee teachers take inspiration from South African Zakhele to raise HIV awareness in schools
Six PGCE English students from UWE Bristol are benefitting from a unique placement opportunity (1-12 June 2015) to work with Zakhele, a South African educational music and drama group, who are currently on a five week tour of 13 primary and secondary schools in Bristol and North Somerset.
- Business students make final pitch at UWE Bristol's Enterprise Fair
Come along and have your say on which Final Year student business plan deserves the accolade of 'The Project with the Most Potential' at UWE Bristol's Enterprise Fair, open to the public from 10-12 noon this Saturday 16 May 2015 at the UWE Bristol Exhibition and Conference Centre (ECC).
- Jumpstart! Geography: national book award success for UWE Bristol academics
Mark Jones and Sarah Whitehouse, Education tutors from UWE Bristol, are celebrating the success of their published book, Jumpstart! Geography: Engaging activities for ages 7−12, awarded a national GA award at the recent Annual Conference of the Geographical Association in Manchester.
- Cinematographer Ben Smithard to speak at UWE Bristol London Graduate Show
Guest Lecture: Saturday 21 June from 13:00 – 15:00
Venue: The Bargehouse (4th Floor) South Bank, London SE1 9PH
London Graduate Show: 19 – 22 June 2014,The Bargehouse, South Bank, London SE1 9PH
Talented graduates from UWE Bristol's BA (Hons) Photography, Filmmaking and Creative Media (FCM) and Animation courses will be joined by renowned Cinematographer Ben Smithard BSC at their London Graduate Show as part of celebrations to mark 20 years of graduating students from the FCM course.
- Qatari high school students visit UWE Bristol and Bristol Robotics Laboratory
A team of high school students from the Tarek Bin Zeyad Secondary School, Qatar recently visited UWE Bristol and Bristol Robotics Laboratory as prize-winners of a competition to visit the UK to discover more about the British engineering industry. The trip was organised by Professor Saud Ghani, Associate Dean of Development and Industrial Relations and Communications Manager, Oasma Omar from College of Engineering, Qatar University.