- Best in the West: Investment in green travel earns UWE regional prize
A commitment to promoting green forms of travel has helped the University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) land a regional award.
- WHOLE EARTH? exhibition unveiled at UWE
One of UWE Bristol's busiest thoroughfares has been transformed into a huge outdoor art gallery aimed at encouraging students to think about some of the toughest challenges facing the world.
- Students saddle up on bikes named after iconic Bristol streets in UWE's first cycle hire scheme
Cycling provision at the University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) is being expanded as it aims to become one of the most bike-friendly universities in the UK.
- Time stands still for start of landmark £50m building
The first stage of construction on UWE Bristol's landmark £50m Faculty of Business and Law will be marked by a 'time capsule' being buried on site on Tuesday 7 July.
The 'time capsule' containing significant items suggested by students, staff and alumni will be buried on 7 July at 17:30 by University Chancellor Sir Ian Carruthers.
- 25 years apart, Bristol UWE students unite to create new Students' Union Building
It's been 25 years since Tony Syddall graduated from the University of West England with a degree in Construction Management, but fate has re-united him with his old institution – and he is now mentoring three current construction students who are following in his footsteps.
- UWE Bristol leases electric cars to encourage staff to leave their car at home
In celebration of Bristol Green Capital year the University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) has extended its pool car provision to include electric cars to encourage staff to travel to work in a sustainable way.
- UWE Bristol appoints main contractor for landmark £50m project
UWE Bristol (the University of the West of England) has appointed ISG as the main contractor to deliver its new state-of-the art building for the Faculty of Business and Law.
- UWE's world-leading research increases by 170%
The volume of world-leading research at UWE Bristol (the University of the West of England, Bristol) has gone up by 170%, according to the results of the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014 out today.
- New £50 million building for UWE Bristol Faculty of Business and Law
The Faculty of Business and Law at UWE Bristol (University of the West of England, Bristol) is launching an ambitious plan to fulfil the aspirations of students and the business community through a new state-of-the art building.
- Work begins on purpose-built hub for UWE Students' Union
Construction of a new purpose built Students' Union building for students at UWE Bristol (The University of the West of England) is due to start at Frenchay Campus.
- Paving the way for the new UWE Stadium
UWE Bristol are delighted with the decision to give Sainsbury's the go-ahead to redevelop the Memorial Stadium site, paving the way for the new UWE Stadium to be built.
- UWE Bristol presents Soho Cinders
From 12 – 15 March 2014
Redgrave Theatre, Percival Road, Clifton, Bristol
This year's student production at UWE Bristol is the new musical by Stiles and Drewe, Soho Cinders.
The show can be seen at the Redgrave Theatre in Clifton from 12 to 15 March at 19:30 with a matinee on Saturday 15 March at 14:30.
- UWE Bristol and local libraries team up to offer wider access
UWE Bristol and South Gloucestershire libraries have teamed up to make it even easier for the public and students to access library services.
- Royal visitor to see latest robotics at BRL at UWE Bristol
HRH the Duke of York, KG will gain an insight into the latest advances in robotics research when he visits Bristol Robotics Laboratory (BRL) on Monday 10 February 2014.
Bristol Robotics Laboratory (BRL) is the leading and largest academic centre for multi-disciplinary robotics research in the UK. It is a collaborative partnership between the University of the West of England (UWE, Bristol) and the University of Bristol, and home to a vibrant community of over 100 academics and industry practitioners, which lead current thinking in service robotics, intelligent autonomous systems and bio-engineering.
- UWE Bristol MA student filmmakers capture all the fun of Chinese New Year
Chinese New Year celebrations were in full swing at Bristol Museum and Art Gallery at the weekend. Now Bristolians can relive the fun by watching a short film of the community events captured by UWE Bristol MA student filmmakers.