- UWE Bristol named No 1 University in Stonewall Top Employers 2015
UWE Bristol's commitment to supporting LGBT staff has been recognised in this year's Top 100 annual Stonewall's Workplace Equality Index, named number one University for the first time in the rankings.
Out of the hundreds of employers surveyed, UWE Bristol also climbed 24 places to 11th spot from 35th position in 2014.
- Science Live – new transatlantic pilot study to research what makes a public science event tick
The Festival of Nature, British Science Week and Bristol Food Connections are just some of the popular science events that engage approximately half of the UK population each year. Now in a bid to catalogue and research the impact of live science events in the UK and US, a new transatlantic pilot study, Science Live has been announced.
- Active bystanders: UWE encourages students to take steps to prevent violence or abuse
UWE Bristol is today (Wednesday 24 September) launching a new programme to encourage all students to stand up against violence or sexual abuse in their community.
Called The Intervention Initiative, it is a free resource with an educational toolkit to be used by universities and colleges for the prevention of sexual coercion and domestic abuse in university settings.
- Bristol Bright Night Brings Science to the City
Friday 26 September will see Bristol's streets come to life as Bristol Bright Night sweeps through the city for the first time with a programme of free activities, giving the public the chance to discover the wealth of scientific research taking place on their doorstep, and meet the researchers responsible.
- UWE Bristol award Honorary Degree to John Prior
UWE Bristol have awarded the Honorary Degree of Doctor of Education to John Prior in recognition of his contribution to youth enterprise.
- UWE Bristol proud to sponsor Pride
UWE Bristol is sponsoring Bristol Pride 2014, a week-long celebration of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) communities across the South West, running from the 5 – 13 July.
- UWE Bristol unveils ambitious plan for 2015 Euro Green Capital
The University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) is working on an ambitious plan to maximise its contribution to Bristol's year as European Green Capital.
- Bristol UWE at Festival of Nature
From robots vs animals to bioluminescent bacteria, UWE Bristol experts will bring their passion and knowledge to this year's Festival of | Nature this weekend (14-15 June 2014).
- Green Gateways seek to reinterpret first impressions of Bristol
An ideas project to reimagine and improve major entry points to Bristol has ambitions to become a reality for Bristol's European Green Capital year in 2015. The 'Green Gateways' project is being run by Bristol in Bloom, with partners at the Green Capital Partnership, the University of West of England (UWE Bristol), and the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA).
- Students blossom whilst helping community groups with IT solutions
Budding computer experts from UWE have helped 15 local community, voluntary and social enterprise organisations with websites or IT issues as part of their final year studies.
- It's the green light for Luke Jerram's Park and Slide in Bristol
Internationally renowned artist and UWE Bristol visiting senior research fellow, Luke Jerram is delighted to announce that his latest installation – Park and Slide will go ahead this Sunday 4 May from 11:00-17:00 subject to a final health and safety sign off on the day.
- UWE Bristol gets set for Bristol Food Connections
From creating the sound and smell of food, to capturing the way we eat through photography and sharing stories of how communities are united through food; UWE Bristol students and staff are set to play a key role in Bristol's ground breaking city-wide food event - Bristol Food Connections (1-11 May).
- UWE Bristol student conservationists progress to finals of the Quarry Life Award
A team of student conservationists from UWE Bristol were judged as one of the top five UK entries in reaching the finals of the Quarry Life Award, a prestigious international competition.
- Bristol's Universities launch the 20th Anniversary Varsity Boat Race 2014
On Saturday 26 April 2014 Bristol's floating harbour will once again play host to the annual Varsity Boat Race that pits UWE Bristol against neighbours the University of Bristol.
- UWE Bristol helps residents to voice their traffic concerns
James Coleman, a Research Associate at UWE Bristol, has launched a new website, run by Bristol City Council, that gives local residents the information needed to actively engage in the management of traffic and road safety in their neighbourhood.