- UWE Bristol award Honorary Degree to John Prior
UWE Bristol have awarded the Honorary Degree of Doctor of Education to John Prior in recognition of his contribution to youth enterprise.
- UWE Bristol proud to sponsor Pride
UWE Bristol is sponsoring Bristol Pride 2014, a week-long celebration of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) communities across the South West, running from the 5 – 13 July.
- UWE Bristol unveils ambitious plan for 2015 Euro Green Capital
The University of the West of England (UWE Bristol) is working on an ambitious plan to maximise its contribution to Bristol's year as European Green Capital.
- Bristol UWE at Festival of Nature
From robots vs animals to bioluminescent bacteria, UWE Bristol experts will bring their passion and knowledge to this year's Festival of | Nature this weekend (14-15 June 2014).
- Green Gateways seek to reinterpret first impressions of Bristol
An ideas project to reimagine and improve major entry points to Bristol has ambitions to become a reality for Bristol's European Green Capital year in 2015. The 'Green Gateways' project is being run by Bristol in Bloom, with partners at the Green Capital Partnership, the University of West of England (UWE Bristol), and the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA).
- Students blossom whilst helping community groups with IT solutions
Budding computer experts from UWE have helped 15 local community, voluntary and social enterprise organisations with websites or IT issues as part of their final year studies.
- It's the green light for Luke Jerram's Park and Slide in Bristol
Internationally renowned artist and UWE Bristol visiting senior research fellow, Luke Jerram is delighted to announce that his latest installation – Park and Slide will go ahead this Sunday 4 May from 11:00-17:00 subject to a final health and safety sign off on the day.
- UWE Bristol gets set for Bristol Food Connections
From creating the sound and smell of food, to capturing the way we eat through photography and sharing stories of how communities are united through food; UWE Bristol students and staff are set to play a key role in Bristol's ground breaking city-wide food event - Bristol Food Connections (1-11 May).
- UWE Bristol student conservationists progress to finals of the Quarry Life Award
A team of student conservationists from UWE Bristol were judged as one of the top five UK entries in reaching the finals of the Quarry Life Award, a prestigious international competition.
- Bristol's Universities launch the 20th Anniversary Varsity Boat Race 2014
On Saturday 26 April 2014 Bristol's floating harbour will once again play host to the annual Varsity Boat Race that pits UWE Bristol against neighbours the University of Bristol.
- UWE Bristol helps residents to voice their traffic concerns
James Coleman, a Research Associate at UWE Bristol, has launched a new website, run by Bristol City Council, that gives local residents the information needed to actively engage in the management of traffic and road safety in their neighbourhood.
- UWE Bristol and Milestones Trust launch Creative Club
UWE Bristol and Milestones Trust have launched a 'Creative Club' in which vulnerable adults from the Trust undertake creative projects with support from UWE Bristol students.
- UWE Bristol presents Soho Cinders
From 12 – 15 March 2014
Redgrave Theatre, Percival Road, Clifton, Bristol
This year's student production at UWE Bristol is the new musical by Stiles and Drewe, Soho Cinders.
The show can be seen at the Redgrave Theatre in Clifton from 12 to 15 March at 19:30 with a matinee on Saturday 15 March at 14:30.
- UWE Bristol and local libraries team up to offer wider access
UWE Bristol and South Gloucestershire libraries have teamed up to make it even easier for the public and students to access library services.
- UWE Bristol Illustration students go 'Hot & Cold' at the Tobacco Factory
'Hot & Cold', Tobacco Factory (Main Bar) until 2 March 2014
'Hot & Cold' is an opportunity to take in the talent of UWE Bristol's final year BA (Hons) Illustration students as they showcase their latest work in an exhibition at the Tobacco Factory, Bristol.