Issue date: 21 December 2016
We want you to do your best in your January exams, so we've pulled together some of our online resources to help you out.
1. Know the basics
Check our exam essentials guide which outlines all the exam basics, like venues, what to bring, and our policies on mobile phones and calculators.
2. Plan your revision
Make sure you have a revision schedule so you cover all the topics you need to. Allow yourself some breaks!
3. Make the most of feedback
Read through comments on previous assessments to identify your academic strengths and weaknesses.
4. Use resources available to you
Check out our how to do better in written exams workbook to get tips about how to construct an essay and what to do during the exam itself – things like reading the instructions properly and managing your time.
5. Keep calm
If you feel anxious about your upcoming exams, don't worry – you're not alone. Our Wellbeing Service have created a short animation about exam anxiety and self-help resources about a range of topics.
1. Have a good breakfast or lunch (depending on when your exam is!). Carbs provide slow-release energy and protein keeps you feeling full for longer.
2. Pack your university ID card and any other exam essentials.
3. Check the room number on your exam timetable: https://my.uwe.ac.uk.
4. Leave plenty of time to get to your exam - traffic can be unpredictable.
5. Stay calm and go and do your best!
Back to top