Issue date: 08 March 2012
UWE Bristol will host the British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) Trampolining Championship Finals on 24 and 25 March 2012. Finalists from three regional qualifying rounds across the UK will travel to Bristol to compete at the Centre for Sport.
Oliver Monro, BUCS Sports Advisory Group Chair said "We are delighted to announce that after several high quality bids and lots of debate, the University of the West of England has been selected to host the 2012 BUCS National Trampoline Finals. This will be the first time that UWE Bristol has hosted this prestigious flagship student trampolining competition, and we look forward to working closely with their organising committee to deliver what we are sure will be a high-quality event that all student competitors can be proud of."
Samantha Bowman, UWE Trampolining Club President, said "The UWE Trampoline Club and its hard working committee are greatly honoured to be awarded as the host university for the BUCS Trampolining Championships, especially during London 2012 Olympics year. Using our Olympic standard sports hall we hope to deliver a high standard sporting event that everyone can be proud of."
The finals host all BUCS 1 and BUCS 2 competitors as well as the BUCS 3 and BUCS 4 regional qualifiers of which 10 of UWE's trampolinists were entered.
Notes to the editors
· The Centre for Sport at UWE is open to the community throughout the year and features a state of the art complex including a floodlit astroturf pitch, sports hall, indoor climbing wall and two fully equipped fitness suites. It also has a team of dedicated sports performance staff to support Elite athletes on the 'EliteUWE' scheme.
· Images available upon request.
· For more information on UWE's Centre for Sport, please visit www.uwe.ac.uk/sport.
· More information on BUCS here.
· See a list of those competing in the finals here.