Apply to join the TSU
Why does UWE need temporary staff?
It is a common misconception that temporary staff are only used to cover last minute sicknesses or absences in the workplace. At Bristol UWE we take a different view and recognise, develop and reward our temporary staff for the contribution they make to university life. Our temporary staff members quickly become part of the team and find themselves being treated as any other members of staff, for this reason many people have chosen to stay with us as a career choice as an alternative to traditional full-time employment.
At Bristol UWE temporary staff play a wider and more pivotal role in the day-to-day running of the University and they take on a number of diverse roles and responsibilities. The university does not, in the majority of cases, contract work out to other organisations. As you can imagine we require people with a variety of skills to fill our vacancies this includes administrative, technical, manual and research roles.
What can the Temporary Staff Unit offer you?
As part of the TSU you will receive a competitive rate of pay, a contract of employment and a range of benefits:
- Incremental pay awards
- Holiday Pay
- Sickness pay
- Pension Provision
- Flexible working hours in most departments
- Consistent terms and conditions
- Opportunities for training and development
- Varied working environment
- Access to Bristol UWE facilities, e.g. gym, library and restaurants
- Valuable experience in the higher education sector that can provide a springboard into permanent employment with Bristol UWE.