This event has now passed.
Date: 26 November - 14 December 2012
Venue: Collections on all campuses at Information Points and Reception areas
Time: 09:00 - 17:00
Caring at Christmas Donations Drive runs from Monday 26 November - Friday 14 December.
What's hiding in your cupboards? Donate food items and toiletries to support Caring at Christmas - the homeless Shelter in St. Paul's this Christmas. Collection points on all campuses.
Caring at Christmas is a registered charity that helps homeless people at Christmas and throughout the year. Over the Christmas week, we run a Christmas Shelter for people who are homeless or vulnerably housed in Bristol. This includes accommodation, food, medical services and entertainment.
Every year, UWE staff and students are terrific in supporting Caring at Christmas and donating much needed goods to the homeless shelter.
We are collecting the following items:
Non Perishable Foods:
- Tinned food (Eg corned beef, soup, baked beans, big tins are particularly welcome)
- Squash, soft drinks, fruit juice, tea/coffee
- Cereals, sugar, flour, cooking oil
- Sauces/condiments (gravy mayonnaise, ketchup, pickles) and custard (tinned or packet)
- Jams and spreads, cakes and treats (biscuits, chocolate, sweets, mince pies etc.)
Non food items:
- Toilet paper
- Soap, shampoo and conditioner, shower gel, moisturisers
- Any miniature toiletries!
- Female sanitary products
- Tooth brushes (and toothpaste)
- Razors (and shaving gel)
- Washing up liquid, rubber gloves, disposable gloves
- Washing powder
- Cling film and foil
Where can I drop off my donations?
Donations points are at every campus:
- Frenchay Information Point (D Block)
- The Octagon, Frenchay Campus
- Glenside Campus Information Point
- Glenside Campus Main Reception
- Glenside Students' Union
- St Matts Campus Main Reception
- Bower Ashton Information Point
- Bower Ashton Students' Union
Many thanks for supporting this charity - the chosen charity for this year's collection at UWE's Carol Service
Contact: Rachel Colley
Telephone: +44(0)0117 32 82334
More information about Caring at Christmas Donations Drive